A brief history of the OSD

The Old Spotted Dog Ground in Forest Gate is the oldest senior football ground in London.

Originally part of land attached to the 16th century Old Spotted Dog Hunting Lodge, which later became the Spotted Dog pub that stands next door, Clapton FC moved to the ground in 1887. During World War II the ground was briefly used as an anti-aircraft station but it has remained a football ground to this day, although over the last 20 years it has fallen into disrepair.

With historic links to the pub, the freehold on the football ground has unsurprisingly been owned by breweries: William Younger & Co, Scottish Brewers and then Scottish & Newcastle, which was acquired in 2008 by Heineken.